Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Something To Do: Making of a short film Part 3




Today was another non shooting day for me. I worked behind the scenes, directing traffic, keeping kids focused and eating a sweet bagel, cream cheese and bacon sandwich for breakfast. I do feel guilty, but damn if that wasn't good!

Today was all about the kids sub-plot in the story and how the mysterious Mr. Jones ties into it all. The kids have been great, and they're really enjoying their spring break. Making a movie with your kids is a great bonding experience, I highly recommend it.

...be right back, Bracken just came in.

Can't believe kids these days! He tells me he's tired of going over his lines. I told him I was tired of going over his attitude and i was about to replace him. I'm pretty certain he'll have his lines memorized by morning.

..anyway it was all about the kids story. such a fun day. They all really got into it. And Robert Reichel is having a fun time as Mr. Jones. He's knocking it out of the park. One of the best things about this project for me was bringing in all of the actors that I could possibly want to work with and show them off to Kate and then give her the hard choice of casting who it was she thought would be right for the part. Taking myself out of the actual choice of casting the parts assured I was never going to be the bad guy. My actor friends didn't know Kate, so win win.

Believe me when I say I either brought in everybody I ever wanted to work with, or invited and tried to bring in everybody I ever wanted to work with. Honestly if they didn't get a call, they lived too far away. Where was I....um.., oh yeah Robert Reichel. I can't remember how I met Robert. I'll ask him next time I see him. Somehow fate had us cross paths. There, that's how we met. What a guy. passionate guy. professional. loves the craft. loves iced espressos and has a door mat that says "Leave". I've had amazing conversations with this guy, and have wanted to work with him for a very long time. I get my chance Friday, when we have our big scene together! Love having him on the set. Thankful that he said yes. What a friend.

side note: Kelly (my wife) is scrubbing down the kitchen while listening to the Grateful Dead. We're filming here again tomorrow and she's making sure that the place is spotless. No matter what you do in life, please surround yourself with people that believe in you. AND of course your belief in them is also required. ...i hate the Grateful Dead, but if it helps you clean the kitchen, go for it.

Okay, so tomorrow I have a big scene with my "wife" Jennifer. Jennifer is played by the beautiful and talented Kirsten Gronfield. She's the fiance of one of my All-Star best friends, Josh Farrell. We grew up in the same freakin town of Sonoma C A fools! who .. didn't .. get cast in the film. Hey! Wasn't my fault, I'm not the director! Still want to work with Josh, but fate gave us Kirsten, and that rules! Excited to work with an actor whom I've never worked with before AND don't know what her style is. It's like two ninjas facing off for the first time. Look, I know I'm a nerd. I don't care.

side note: Logan gets really excited when she gets to meet her actor/pretend parents. Note sure what that means yet. Just observing for the moment.

tomorrow, we get into what makes Mike tick!

1 comment:

BurnsySmiles said...

Hahahahaha. I loved the "I told him I was tired of going over his attitude and will have to replace him."
If that's not what being a parent/caregiver is like, I don't know what is.
-Angelica